Cover roofs of structures with shingles, slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, or related materials. May spray roofs, sidings, and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures.
Commercial Roofer, Industrial Roofer, Metal Roofing Mechanic, Residential Roofer, Roof Mechanic, Roof Service Technician, Roofer, Roofing Technician, Sheet Metal Roofer
- Inspect problem roofs to determine the best repair procedures.
- Remove snow, water, or debris from roofs prior to applying roofing materials.
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
- Estimate materials and labor required to complete roofing jobs.
- Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
- Analytical or scientific software — Energy cost evaluation software; Exele TopView; Humidity and vapor drive calculation software; Roofing Calculator
- Computer-aided design CAD software — AppliCad Roof Wizard; ASR Software TopView LE; DigiTools Roof CAD; Ziatek RoofDraw
- Database user interface and query software — CADAFIS; Insight Direct ServiceCEO; RoofLogic; Wintac Pro
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office software Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology