Certified Pedorthotist, Hearing Aid Repair Technician, Lab Technician, Orthopedic Technician, Orthotic and Prosthetic Technician (O and P Technician), Orthotic Technician, Prosthetic Technician, Prosthetics Technician, Registered Prosthetic Orthotic Technician
Construct, maintain, or repair medical supportive devices such as braces, orthotics and prosthetic devices, joints, arch supports, and other surgical and medical appliances.
- Drill and tap holes for rivets, and glue, weld, bolt, or rivet parts together to form prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Read prescriptions or specifications to determine the type of product or device to be fabricated and the materials and tools required.
- Make orthotic or prosthetic devices, using materials such as thermoplastic and thermosetting materials, metal alloys and leather, and hand or power tools.
- Bend, form, and shape fabric or material to conform to prescribed contours of structural components.
- Construct or receive casts or impressions of patients' torsos or limbs for use as cutting and fabrication patterns.
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Ohio Willow Wood OMEGA Tracer System; Seattle Systems Shapemaker; SoftSource CADview; 1 more
- Computer-aided manufacturing CAM software — Orthotic fabrication software
- Medical software — Footmaxx Metascan software; Gait analysis software
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology