Facility Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Process Improvement Engineer
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Dassault Systemes CATIA; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Hot technology; PTC Creo Parametric
- Computer-aided manufacturing CAM software — CNC Mastercam; Geometric CAMWorks; Siemens NX
- Desktop communications software — Eko
- Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic Hot technology; National Instruments LabVIEW Hot technology
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes Hot technology; Microsoft Exchange Hot technology; Microsoft Outlook Hot technology