Architectural Designer, Architectural Drafter, Architectural Draftsman, Civil Drafter, Computer-Aided Design Designer (CAD Designer), Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Drafter (CADD Drafter), Computer-Aided Drafting Designer (CAD Designer), Drafting Technician, Draftsman, Draftsperson
Prepare detailed drawings of architectural and structural features of buildings or drawings and topographical relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, and public works. Use knowledge of building materials, engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
- Produce drawings, using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines, or by hand, using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles, and other drafting devices.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects, such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations, and structures.
- Computer aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Hot technology; Autodesk Revit Hot technology; Bentley MicroStation Hot technology; Trimble SketchUp Pro Hot technology
- Development environment software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Suite; C; Microsoft .NET Framework Hot technology
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop Hot technology; Corel Paint Shop Pro
- Map creation software — Bentley Systems InRoads Suite; Boundary survey software; Geomechanical design analysis GDA software; Topographic map software