Design Engineer, Designer, Industrial Designer, Mechanical Designer, Mold Designer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development Engineer, Sign Designer
Design and develop manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children's toys. Combine artistic talent with research on product use, marketing, and materials to create the most functional and appealing product design.
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, paints, and brushes, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Evaluate the feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Confer with engineering, marketing, production, or sales departments, or with customers, to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for approval and discuss the need for modification.
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Autodesk Revit Hot technology; Dassault Systemes CATIA; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Hot technology
- Development environment software — Apache Maven; C; National Instruments LabVIEW Hot technology; Verilog
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop Hot technology; Trimble SketchUp Pro Hot technology
- Object or component-oriented development software — C# Hot technology; C++ Hot technology; jQuery Hot technology; Python Hot technology
- Video creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects Hot technology; Autodesk 3ds Max; Chaos Group V-Ray; Kapwing