Chemical Engineer, Development Engineer, Engineer, Engineering Scientist, Process Control Engineer, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Refinery Process Engineer, Research Chemical Engineer, Scientist
Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products, such as gasoline, synthetic rubber, plastics, detergents, cement, paper, and pulp, by applying principles and technology of chemistry, physics, and engineering.
- Monitor and analyze data from processes and experiments.
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to ongoing chemical reactions.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Analytical or scientific software — EPCON International CHEMPRO Engineering Suite; Minitab Hot technology; Statistical software; The MathWorks MATLAB Hot technology
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; CD-adapco STAR-CAD; Dassault Systemes CATIA; PTC Creo Parametric
- Data base user interface and query software — G&P Engineering Software PhysProps; Microsoft Access Hot technology; Relational database software; Structured query language SQL Hot technology
- Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic Hot technology; National Instruments LabVIEW Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology