Addictions Counselor, Case Manager, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADAC), Chemical Dependency Counselor (CD Counselor), Chemical Dependency Professional, Clinical Counselor, Counselor, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist (DATS), Prevention Specialist, Substance Abuse Counselor (SA Counselor)
Counsel and advise individuals with alcohol, tobacco, drug, or other problems, such as gambling and eating disorders. May counsel individuals, families, or groups or engage in prevention programs.
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Assess individuals' degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing urine samples.
- Follow the progress of discharged patients to determine the effectiveness of treatments.
- Conduct chemical dependency program orientation sessions.
- Data base user interface and query software — Database software Hot technology; Economic Analysis Group EAG CaseTrack; Online informational database software
- Electronic mail software — Email software; IBM Lotus Notes; Microsoft Outlook Hot technology
- Medical software — Addison Health Systems WritePad EHR; Athena Software Penelope Case Management; STI Computer Services ChartMaker; Varian Medical Systems
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology